Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Sunshine && Summertime!

We finally got to use the pool this weekend! We took a break from our Hootie Hu sewing day to catch some sun. Sawyer of course loves anything with water. It's her giant bathtub. And I finally found her sunglasses that her Mimi actually got her before she made her grand entrance into the world. If Elton John & Gilligan had a baby it would look just like Sawyer. Does that make me Elton John or Gilligan ??
Backyard swimming June 12 2011



Love that face! 
My nerdy little fishy


I've been spending my last couple of Mondays in a camera class offered by Jason Palmer (check out his website or Facebook) and it's been really great! I'm just excited to leave not feeling completely clueless. I've been practicing "out of the green box" and even off the priority modes so I'm pretty darn proud of myself. Also going to be taking a photography workshop with Lindsay Moore of Fabulous Occasions Photography in Kingwood Texas. She has some fantastic work and I'm so pumped to go her to her workshop. Check out her Facebook or Website.

And if you haven't done it already... VOTE FOR HOOTIE HU at Shani Dawn Photography & Prop Shop for "Best Mess". Make sure that you first "Like" Shani Dawn Photography & Prop Shop (because that's what it's all about right... spreading the word of some fantastic goodies & winning the prize is just icing on the cake!) and then "like" Sawyer's actual photo in the "Best Mess" photo album

Just look for this face:


I also have to brag on my wonderfully talented mummy for making Sawyer's 4th of July outfit.
The pattern was found at Tie Dye Diva Patterns and the fabric was purchased at our local Hobby Lobby. She made the 3-6 month pattern but it was a little snug :) Will def have to make another one (ohhh Darn!) since she is sure to outgrow this in no time. We're so lucky to have such a talented sewing woman in our lives :):)

I tried (& succeeded!) with my very own DIY project as well. I really wanted one of those cheesecloth wraps but couldn't decide the color and they're like $25 each! So I figure I can make one myself. With fabric dye (in Pink Flamingo) and Cheesecloth from Hobby Lobby I did it!!



And of course I have to show off the recent goodies I've purchased from Babys BOWtique. I can't say enough good things about Amie. I can't walk out of that store without something. I really really wanted something Fox Racing for my sweetie and if you've looked you'll notice there is NOTHING available. So what's a girl to do? Have one made!! So courtesy of the talented Amie and gifted from Mimi.... we got our very own Fox Racing outfit!! I love it and couldn't have seen it any better!

Sawyer showing off her Fox racing ones
June 6 2011

We also have a Catepillar (the heavy equipment company not the animal :) outfit made! Stay posted for that photoshoot :):)

Thank goodness Jerms is such a good sport!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE this daddy/daughter set (available boys & girls... babies & toddlers). These make for awesome picture opportunities ... and it helps that it's true :):)

Jerms & Hoot June 9th


I've had a lot of people ask me about Hootie Hu so I always like an easy way to refer people to us. You can check out Hootie Hu on: Our Etsy StoreOur Blog, or Our Facebook Page. We love all the support, questions, and comments that we've received. Remember you can find all of our ready-to-gift goodies at Babys BOWtique located at 3300 Kell Blvd. She is working with different store hours for the summer so find her on Facebook for hours. We've got some upcoming events that we're trying to prepare for now. Looking forward to Deerfest Wichita Falls on July 30 and Christmas Magic Nov 4-6.

Thank you for checking out our blog! Hope it was at least somewhat entertaining :)

Hootie Hu as Elton John June 6
Talking with Uncle Marv June 6

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Template: Blog Designs by Sheila